Visitors

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Looks Like I'm Ridin' Solo

For now.
Hopefully.
Does this make me the refrigerator? Aw helllllllll yeah.

As my duty as a refrigerator, I shall commence the first post, in which it will include none of my adolescents.
I do this because I say so and that is the most recent event in my reservoir of photos.

My company for this trip is my one single friend that isn't included in the little group of babbies. We head to Chelsea and kick off with a bagel store.


Brooklyn Bagel & Coffee Company
286 8th Ave
(between 24th St & 25th St)
New York, NY 10001

 I'm not sorry for these ungodly photos taken by my godly cellphone who has yet to die.



Pictured: Whole Wheat Bagel with Cinnamon Raisin Walnut Cream Cheese
Damn right that shit was delicious.

 Pictured: Coffee Cup

I have no idea why I took a picture of this cup.

 Pictured: More bagel.

Does this make you uncomfortable?


 Pictured: Chai Tea Latte
Look at all that foam LOOK AT IT.
I think I have a thing for foam and bagels. Wait I don't even like chai why did I get chai???
I did like that bagel. I would eat that bagel again. Again as in right now. That would be nice, to have a bagel that I took a picture of on Friday to appear by my side at this very moment.

Ok, enough of bagel talk. After sitting there, chatting it up for two hours, my company and I yelped other places nearby and we found the golden sanctuary:
God Bless for Booty.

Big Booty Bread Co
261 W 23rd St
(between 7th Ave & 8th Ave) 
New YorkNY 10011
Neighborhood: Chelsea

Pictured: Display = Cake Stands + Gingham

Pictured: More food items.

It was late and we were kind of, sort of in a hurry to get home, so I went in, got stuff and left. I saved it for breakfast the day following, which was probably not a wise decision on my part. 

Pictured:  Apple Cinnamon Scone


 Pictured: Crime Scene of Cupcake, and Scone

There once was a chocolate dulce de leche cupcake...
but then I eated it.

What's that? Timmy fell down a well?!?
Oh. You actually want to read a review of this place? Check out my review on Yelp
here.

Shall I continue? Are you still reading? You sure you're not falling asleep? Mkai. Macaron time!
I went to La Maison du Macaron. So fancy. The workers probably hate me.

La Maison du Macaron
132 W 23rd St
(between 7th Ave & Avenue Of The Americas) 
New YorkNY 10011
Neighborhood: Chelsea

Pictured: Macarons.

Pictured: Other pastries + more macarons.

Pictured: Cute Box - set of  eight (8) macarons.

Pictured from left to right, top to bottom: Three Caramel Fleur de Sel, Passion fruit, Mango, Passion fruit Raspberry [I believe it has a raspberry buttercream and passion fruit shell/cookie.], Apple Cider, and Raspberry.


Pictured: Hot Chocolate.

Pictured: Macaron + Hot Chocolate.

Pictured: Raspberry Macaron.

While waiting to order, I looked around and saw an article on how this place held the best Raspberry Macaron inside and outside of France, according to the author.

Pictured: Decor

We sat by a bicycle.

 Overall, the hot chocolate was eh, which is why you should never go somewhere for something the place isn't known for.
The macarons should be, and they were, delicious and perfect and asdfghjkl;, and I am not saying that because Alex Guarnaschelli said so. All the fruity macarons [raspberry, passion fruit], I tried, and they were all so light and somehow refreshing.

So much good food. So little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment