Visitors

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Meep

Hello my beautiful blumpkins! I mean pumpkins. Yes, that is completely what I meant.
Anyway, happy belated Thanksgiving, blog! This isn't really going to be any type of food post, just me catching up with what's been happening.

On the Friday before Thanksgiving, Maggie and I went to Canteen, a delicatessen and cafe that has pretty cool sandwiches and paninis. Because it's a deli, they also have bagels for breakfast, and other pastries. In honor of the then-upcoming holiday, I got a sandwich called The Avenue, which consisted of turkey slices and cranberry sauce. Very festive, n'est-ce pas?

Pictured: The Avenue. Delicious.

The week after on Wednesday, I went to IHOP and got Bananas Foster Brioche French Toast because I really wanted french toast. This may or may not be the happiest thing I've ever taken a picture of. A runner-up would be this little guy.

Pictured: He's so happy.

After IHOP, I headed to Target and spotted this: 
Pictured: Gingerbread Goodness.

Then I contemplated starting #thehuntforgingerbread. I decided against it, since gingerbread is pretty popular (although so is pumpkin spice, if you remember my tag, #thehuntforpumpkin. If you want, you can try #thehuntforcaramelapple or #thehuntforeggnog. I, for one, am not passionate about either of those things, so I will leave it up to you to fulfill.)

That night, I made a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving the following day.

Pictured: Gorgeous.

I actually made 2 pies, one recipe being from the label of the can of Libby's Pumpkin Puree and another recipe from Foodwishes. The differences between the two are slight, in my opinion. The Libby's recipe uses 3/4 cup sugar and a can of evaporated milk while the Foodwishes recipe skips both in replacement of a can of sweetened condensed milk. The Foodwishes recipe also used a whole egg and 3 egg yolks, while the Libby's recipe uses 2 whole eggs. The Libby's pie filling was much more liquid-y than the Foodwishes one, resulting in a slightly longer cooking time.

Okay, enough about pie. Moving on. I blew all the money I brought with me on Black Friday. This is some of the stuff my friend bought from Bath and Body Works.
Pictured: She bought a lot more stuff after, trust me.

Hopefully, she will write a haul post all about that on our other blog, http://jamaisassezdemaquillage.blogspot.com/.

And finally on Sunday, I went to my cousin and her fiancé's brand new house, and went to a buffet later.You can read a post about my OOTD that day here.
Pictured: SUSHI.

Anyway, I had a pretty eventful weekend. Lots of food, lots of eating, and a generous amount of fun. How was your Thanksgiving weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment