Visitors

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ample Hills Creamery


Although I never listed it here, I've been wanting to try this ice-cream shop for 2 or 3 years, and I'm so glad I finally did.
Ample Hills Creamery
623 Vanderbilt Ave
Prospect Heights


I'm sure part of the reason why I hadn't gone yet is because it's quite a walk from school, and most of my friends loathe walking long distances. (smh u_u)



A small scoop is $4.75, which seems pricey at first, but I later discovered that the scoops were large enough to feed two. By the time I got to my cone, I was stuffed.

I was unaware that store was kid-friendly/kid-targeted; of course, what was I expecting from an ice-cream shop? Kids love ice cream.


I got the No Sleep Pumpkin in a sugar cone, which is described as a "rich coffee ice-cream with pumpkin ooey gooey cake." I do not regret getting this flavor at all, which sometimes happens when I don't get to look at the menu in advance and decide what I want before going to the store. I love coffee ice cream, and of course I love all things pumpkin. The cake pieces tasted like Betty Crocker pumpkin bars and both the coffee ice cream and cake pieces together reminded me of a pumpkin spice latte. That's most likely what they were going for and they executed it well.


My crew got something too, of course. One got Sweet Cream and Cookies, listed as a "sweet cream ice cream with pieces of all-natural sandwich creme cookies." From the words of the consumer, "it was sweet but you could taste a bit of salt from the cookie, probably. And the cookies were soft." Another got Autumn in New York, which was basically an apple cider sherbet. She was sad that she didn't get it in a cone; according to one of the scoopers, it was too flaky/crumbly for a cone, but I just thought sherbets didn't belong in cones. That's just my opinion though, you do what you want with your ice-cream. The last cone held PB gets Fluffy, "a marshmallow ice cream with chocolate flakes and homemade peanut butter cookie dough." "It was cool. It actually tasted fluffy like a marshmallow," said the third consumer. I personally loved the cookie dough blocks.


Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the other scoops because I was holding a melting cone myself, and I have really shaky hands so if I tried, the pictures wouldn't have turned out too glorious anyway.

Would I come back again? Definitely, just not on a rainy day in the middle of autumn. I loved the interior as well as the ice-cream flavors and their labels. Here's the hoping I'll be back soon, after the harsh winter.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment