Visitors

Friday, October 3, 2014

Quick Mention: Umami Burger

432 6th Ave
New York, NY 10011
Greenwich Village

This visit was from so long ago that I can hardly remember anything about this place. So essentially, this post will be a photo-dump, not like it matters because 95% of my two readers don't bother reading the text anyway.

I do remember feeling out of place, being a tiny 16 year old (at that time) in a restaurant with a bar.


Sadly, I can't even remember what burger I got :( According to the menu, I got The Original, which has a parmesan crisp, shiitake mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions and house ketchup.  


I do remember there being a parmesan crisp, which you can clearly see chilling on top of the beef patty. I, easily amused by many things, was excited to see a cheese crisp.



Here were the tempura onion rings. They were super oily but hot and fresh, not to mention huge (thus it only came with four rings). It came with 3 different sauces too - a spicy one (that I couldn't handle), a garlicky one (my fave) and a green colored one - probably pesto. This photo doesn't do the pesto one any justice - the lighting must have been weird that day (it was rainy and cloudy).




Cross section views of any food item will always be my favorite.

Overall thoughts: I'd go back when I have money, because I can't justify spending $12 on a burger (since I'm broke as heck.) It's a nice way of treating yourself to nice fancy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment